I hope you’re having a great day. Today’s wellness tip is inspired from my own life and personal story.
Recently, I’ve noticed how some of my friends tend to compare themselves or their lives to others.
And to be honest, it makes me feel sad that people who follow my content and read my posts still live from that old and negative programming or conditioning.
So, I decided to write about this topic again. Only this time, I’ll be sharing an example from my life to make it more clear.
The root of all comparison comes from focusing on what you don’t have. In other words, this means focusing on lack.
And if you’ve been following my blog for a while, you would know that focusing on lack attracts more of that.
Why? because like energy attracts like energy and what you focus on, expands.
So if you focus on the fact that you don’t have enough money, can’t afford expensive things or are poor, then you automatically attract more of that financial status that you don’t like! because that’s how the Universe works.
You can read this blog post as a reminder of this topic.
And I’m not exaggerating when I say that it makes me feel sad that my close friends have this kind of lack mindset. I honestly mean it.
While I understand that releasing old thought patterns, habits and faulty programming takes time and practice, I still feel like my close friends who have been following my work for a long time should be more self-aware and conscious when it comes to mindset.
Improve Your Life: My Own Examples
So there’s a good reason why I don’t share the negative thoughts or feelings on my blog or social media.
I talk about the reason behind that in this blog post.
You can read that post for a complete explanation as to why, but basically, by talking – or even thinking – about the negative things that happened in the past or are happening to me in the present, I am simply recreating more of that energy in my reality.
And b.t.w. just while writing this post, the fire alarm went off for a few minutes in my building so that’s so fitting for what I want to share next.
Let me start by listing a few things from my present reality that I avoid focusing on:
- Eating all of my meals alone.
- Not having anyone to share special holidays or occasions with.
- No dining out in nice restaurants (pre-pandemic) because you can’t really go to fine dining restaurants alone.
- Traveling solo and of course eating, drinking and doing everything alone.
- Not having emotional support from family (never did and I most likely won’t have it).
How to Shift your Perspective
If I was a normal person (and by that, I mean someone who doesn’t practice meditation, is not aware of their own thoughts or feelings, is not into personal or spiritual growth), then I would spend all of my waking hours – and maybe even in my dreams – focusing on the above points – and that means that I’m focused on the lack.
What focusing on the lack does, is that it attracts more lack into your life.
So if you want to improve your life and manifest more money, change your money story. Stop thinking and saying that you don’t have money.
If you want to manifest a lover, stop focusing on being lonely and single. Instead, accept that you are single and work on manifesting a partner.
If you want to manifest a new home, start by decluttering your current space. Make it feel more like a home to you.
To stay in the theme of this post, I will share with you how I shift my perspective on the points that I shared from my personal life.
Here’s how I shift my perspective for each one:
- I accept where I am in life. I don’t compare my life to anyone else’s because each person has their own path. It’s impossible to compare my life to anyone else. I am a survivor of NPD abuse and although I’m not a victim, I had to do a lot of inner work and spiritual growth. So it makes sense for me to spend a lot of time eating my meals alone while I learn how to set healthy boundaries and love myself! I simply can’t jump from being the scapegoat and abandoned child to being in a healthy, loving relationship! there has to be a bridge for me to get from one point to another and that bridge is spiritual growth and healing.
- I don’t really care about holidays because I’m spiritual and I don’t follow any religion.
- When I manifest a loving partner, we can go to fine dining restaurants together. For now, I completely accept where I am and I actually love taking care of myself and am obsessed with my vegan meal prep company’s dishes so I am so at peace with where I am! this is where I am meant to be for now and that’s totally OK!
- Traveling solo helped me discover my true self. It’s also aligned with my top personal value of freedom. So although it would be nice to share my trips with someone special, I accept that this is where I am now and that it’s only temporary!
- While it’s true that I don’t have emotional support from my family, I have amazing, supportive and loving friends.
Accepting where you are and Living in the Present Moment is Key
While it’s important to practice bringing awareness to your thoughts and words at all times, another key factor is acceptance.
Start accepting where you are in life and trust that this is exactly where you are meant to be for now. Because everything is always happening in the right way – even when it doesn’t seem like it.
And when you live in the present moment, you attract everything that you want to you with ease.
Because you’re no longer resisting your current reality. And know that the more you resist, the stronger the situation persists!
I truly hope that I made this universal law more clear by sharing examples from my personal story.
Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions that you might have about how to improve your life in the comments section.
I also look forward to hearing your suggestions for an upcoming online course. So feel free to share your ideas in the comments.
If you need coaching on how to shift your mindset and focus from lack to abundance and trust, stay tuned for when I re-open my one-on-one coaching sessions.
Stay tuned for a new, exciting blog post on Saudi Diva tomorrow!