Today, I was at the grocery store checkout counter. And before I had a chance to take my bags and leave, a lady who was next in line came up to the cash till to pay.
I found her move unusual because I know that there’s a number queue for the line and that the cash lady doesn’t usually press it until the client was done and has left.
My guess is that the lady behind me simply got frustrated from waiting and was feeling anxious and uneasy.
I share this story because I know that a lot of people are living out of fear these days, but things don’t have to be this way.
You can know that there’s a pandemic and still live from a place of trust and calmness.
It’s not my job as a coach to rescue everyone. I’m available for those who are ready to grow and get to the next level of their soul.
I just wish more people would be respectful or would do simple practices like meditation to feel calmer and more centered.
The incident truly impacted my mood because I’m an empath and I pick up on bad vibes so easily.
I will simply go to the store earlier next week, because it’s more quiet and peaceful in the morning.
I genuinely want to avoid these types of encounters as they truly mess up with my mood and day.
Self-love Tips that you can Apply Now
I wrote a post about a year ago about a tarot card reading that I had in Bali. The intuitive reader kept saying how I needed to appreciate and love myself before I could attract a man and a healthy relationship.
One of her tips was buying myself a flower bouquet and it actually took me about ten months to finally do this!
Not because I didn’t feel worthy of the flowers – although it could be partly because of that – it was mainly because I had other priorities when I was at the store. So I would be focused on getting food supplies and ingredients for cooking.
I’m so glad that I got myself a bunch of orange roses today from the store and I’ll be making this a weekly ritual.
Because I had a friend once ask me what does it mean to love myself and how can I do it, I decided to share some practical and simple tips that you can do from this moment!
Here are my favorite self-love tips:
- Practice daily meditation.
- Eat healthily and on time. I suggest going on a vegetarian diet as this also affects manifesting in a positive way.
- Eat in a mindful way and without distractions like social media or TV.
- Set healthy boundaries and end toxic relationships and friendships.
- Prioritize your own wellbeing and emotional health.
- Do one self-care ritual each day. Choose the activities that resonate with you the most.
- Get active and do workouts that you enjoy.
- Go for long walks or runs.
- Invest in all areas of your life, not just career.
- Say no when you feel like it and don’t try to please others.
- Release the caretaker role (if that’s who you are) and always put yourself first.
- Follow your intuition and act on its guidance.
- Do simple things that you love. For me this includes getting specialty coffee three times a week.
- Explore your hobbies and interests. Find your passions and your true self.
- Focus on your personal projects and on creating your dream life. Don’t settle for mediocre.
- Don’t condone bad behavior or disrespect from others. Cut ties with those who treat you badly or make you feel unworthy.
- Never tolerate any type of abuse – especially hidden abuse. I can tell you from my experience that the healing journey and manifesting your reality after this experience takes a lot of time and effort. So you’ve been warned!
- Declutter your physical space and home. I wrote a blog post about this recently and how it relates to manifesting.
- Buy yourself a flower bouquet every now and then. Make it weekly if you can!
- Get a new haircut or invest in another self-care practice that makes you feel good.
- Throw away or donate old clothes. Our old belonging carry energy from the past. Releasing this old energy is so important.
- Replace old stuff with new ones. Move to a new home. Cleanse your space using sage.
- Avoid the news and social media accounts that make you feel bad.
- Sit with your emotions when you feel down, angry, sad or any other negative emotion. You can read about this here.
- Give yourself some grace and be gentle on yourself. Take a break when you need one.
- Prioritize your health and wellbeing. Spend time in nature and sit in silence at least once a day.
- Be intentional with how you spend your time and who you spend it with.
- Surround yourself with positive and encouraging people only.
Honestly, I could go on with this list forever. I think I’m an expert when it comes to self-love rituals and practices.
I think that a general rule would be to aim to do all of the basic things like eating healthily, staying active, being mindful about the content that you consume and meditating. And then add in one extra self-care ritual each day.
Let me know what your favorite self-love practices are? how do you love yourself and prioritize your own wellbeing?