Happy New Year! I Hope you had a great start to the year and that you set your intentions for 2022 with the magical New Moon energy. I’ll be writing a post about setting intentions on Thursday and sharing with you my theme for the year. It has to do with doing less and that’s why I took a break from writing blog posts since I went on my staycation.
I was working on my book though and so I wasn’t in a total holiday mode. But that’s OK because writing is my passion.
UAE Staycation: Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah
I’ve spent my New Year’s and holiday season since 2018 processing and integrating the deep work that I’ve been doing. So in 2018 and 2019, I chose to not do anything or celebrate. Last year was the start of the pandemic so I again chose to stay at home.
2021 was different. The summer brought really noisy neighbors into my life and it forced me to make plans to get out of the building for the holidays. I’m so glad I did because it turned out to be a memorable and magical holiday season!
Although I’ve lived in Dubai since 2010, this was my first ever trip to Ras Al Khaimah! Can you believe it?!
I always thought that this emirate was somewhat far from Dubai and it turned out to be only an hour and fifteen minutes away from my area. It’s even closer if you live in Downtown Dubai. And although I’ve done a couple of staycations in Abu Dhabi (which is even more far), I never visited RAK thinking that it’s a place you go to with a partner or a group of friends.
Acting as If you Already have your Dream Life and Partner
If you’ve been following my blog for some time, you will know the law of attraction principle of acting as if you have your desire. You can read all about it here. And to stay updated with manifestation, spiritual growth and wellness stories and tips, you can subscribe to the blog here.
Because you want to be an energetic match to your dream life, acting and feeling as if you already have it speeds up the process. So in the summer, I booked a one-week staycation at Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah for the holiday season.
First of all, RAK has a different landscape than Dubai, the weather is cooler there and the pace of life is much slower and relaxed. And this makes it the perfect destination for a short getaway.
The hotel is exceptional in every possible way. I even wrote a review as soon as I got back to my Dubai apartment. It was truly special.
The breakfast buffet was so extensive and the food was great at all restaurants. The beach is clean and the water is clear and has a turquoise color. The staff are so open, helpful and friendly. The junior suite I booked was so spacious and I stayed in a quiet part of the hotel. It was in the tower building and the room had a sea and mountain view!
My Favorite Things
- Just staying at the resort feels like you’re meditating 24/7. First thing, I would meditate from 7:00 to 7:30 am in my room balcony to the sound of the birds. And since it’s a resort, you’re surrounded by birds and it’s so healing.
- Long walks at the beach. The beach is spread on a long distance and this means daily long walks. This is also considered as meditation to the sound of the waves.
- Happy Hour at Lexington Grill & Bar. There was an amazing artist from Ivory Coast who was singing all of my favorite tunes. She had a lovely voice and had charisma. If I ever go back to RAK, I would make sure to visit Lexington Grill & Bar. The vibe in the garden is so magical and it felt good to hang out there!
- New Year’s Eve at Lexington was also great. There was a different signer but I still enjoyed my dinner there.
- The fireworks at midnight on New Year’s Eve were stunning. They wanted to break a Guiness World Record and I believe they did. It was a powerful show!
How was your New Year’s Eve celebration? How did you spend the Holiday Season? Let me know in the comments!