I wrote a post about this topic on my Instagram feed when I was still active on that platform.
It’s about how you can use the art of Feng Shui to create a space that’s welcoming for love and a relationship.
I’m happy to share that I’m in the last phase of my apartment Feng Shui project! I have a new duvet cover, pillowcases, cushion covers and bedsheets to make my bedroom an inviting space for love.
These are the steps that I took to make sure that my space is welcoming for a loving partner:
- I started by decluttering my entire apartment. Although I moved here in April of 2019 and I already decluttered before moving, I felt the need to get rid of old clothes and items that hold bad energy to them. So the first step was to throw away most of my old clothes and other belongings which have energy from the past attached to them.
- Once I gave away all of my old clothes and stuff to the donation box, I was ready to replace them with new stuff.
- I bought a few new outfits and dresses that reflect my new style. I also replaced my old cutlery set, plates and bowls that I’ve had for an entire decade! of course, every item holds on to the energy when it was used. So if you did some deep inner work and spiritual growth, it’s so important to replace all of your old stuff, including kitchenware and homeware.
- Bonus Tip: When buying homeware items like glasses, plates or bowls, always buy things in pairs. Because if you keep buying single items of everything, you’re emitting the energy that you’re single and that’s the opposite of what you want to attract. Make sure that you buy pairs of everything, including placemats – even if you’ll be using one for now.
- Add fiery colors to your bedroom and apartment. You don’t have to replace all your furniture to follow this tip. You can simply add accessories in your bedroom and the rest of your apartment that have fiery colors like hues of orange, red and yellow. For example, I added these colors with my new homeware items and bed linen choices.
- Energy in the bedroom is where you should focus on. If you have time to declutter one room in your apartment, then make it your bedroom. It’s the space where the most energy gets stuck and blocks new, positive things from coming into your life. I personally was shocked when I decluttered my bedroom closet drawers! I discovered things from the past that were definitely blocking my manifestation process. Let me know what you uncover in those drawers.
- Decorate with roses and preferably fiery colors. I’ve been getting myself roses on an almost weekly basis since last November or December. It’s such a beautiful self-love ritual and makes a huge difference to how you feel about yourself. When buying yourself roses – or other flowers of your choice – make sure to choose those with fiery and bold colors.
- Sage when you can. Sage is not directly related to Feng Shui, but I thought of sharing this practical tip here. Using a sage stick to cleanse the energy in your space makes it a lot lighter and opens it up for receiving new things. Sage smudging is another one of my favorite self-care rituals.
I guess that’s it for today’s Feng Shui tips. Let me know if you have any questions and how the decluttering goes for you.
If you feel like you’re short on time, dedicate an hour or two each weekend for this project. That’s exactly what I did. I would spend about an hour or two each weekend decluttering. Then, I’d take the old stuff to the donation box the next day.
I’m now in the last stage of this project. I just need to iron my new vintage floral print duvet cover, pillowcases, bed sheet and cushions covers to make my bed a magical space for attracting a healthy and loving relationship.