First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their great support and positive feedback on my Saudi culture posts. I was truly overwhelmed by the number of encouraging words and comments on those posts.
Rest assured that there will be more Saudi culture posts published in the near future. This post is a review of my recent staycation at YAS Viceroy hotel in Abu Dhabi. It was such a remarkable stay that I didn’t want to leave the property when it was time to do so!
In the beginning, let me state that I paid for the stay and it wasn’t a sponsored one. I decided not to write any more sponsored/paid posts or reviews on the new blog. This means that all the reviews will be fair and impartial. And are not meant to promote any business or company. But to give you an idea of where you can go for your next holiday. And to get you inspired. If a place isn’t worth visiting, then you won’t see it mentioned on this blog. As simple as that.
Where is YAS Viceroy?
YAS Viceroy is located on the newly developed YAS Island in Abu Dhabi. I’ve visited the island previously to attend concerts at the DU Arena, but this was my first time to stay at a property there. The hotel is located in a secluded area of the island – overlooking the YAS Marina circuit and YAS Marina itself.
In my opinion, this hotel is the epitome of luxury, class and the high life.
Furthermore, it’s not your typical glamorous and full of bling UAE hotel. On the other hand, the property’s interior follow a very minimalist and modern theme.
In addition, the decor is a complete definition of elegance, class and modern lifestyle. The lobby is spacious, there’s a great variety of dining options, two buildings for staying, and stunning marina views.
What You Should Know When Booking a Room at YAS Viceroy:
- There are two buildings to choose from when staying at the hotel. One is the main building – where I stayed. And the other is the Marina building – which is adjacent to the main one.
- The main building has the main restaurants, a family (kids allowed) pool, and a rooftop lounge (Skylite) on the 8th floor.
- The Marina building is where you can relax at the quiet (adults allowed only) pool. It’s also home to E-Spa (an amazing spa which I will talk about in another post), a pool bar, and access to the main building.
- The room where I stayed was on the fourth floor, and it had stunning views of the YAS marina. You could also see the Formula one race track. So the room had both views. It’s very relaxing to just sit on the balcony and read a book, while taking in the peaceful views. It’s very quiet and tranquil at the balcony – the perfect escape.
More Important Things to Note
- A point worth noting when you book is that some rooms located at the Marina building could have a partial view of the marina, due to the hotel’s grid shell. I was informed by the reception staff that a room on the second floor in that building would have an obstructed view. As it’s located under the grid shell, so you won’t have a full view of the Marina. That’s why it’s important to ask for a room with a good (full) view when booking.
- The deluxe room where I stayed had a rain shower in the washroom, which I absolutely loved! I consider this a great plus as not all five-star hotel rooms have a rain shower installed in the bathroom.
- There was a bath tub too in the Deluxe room washroom. Great for a relaxing bath.
- All hotel rooms are non-smoking.
- You can pay for the breakfast buffet at check-in and get it at a discounted price! Totally worth it as I had breakfast on both days that I was there.
I’ll be writing about the spa and other highlights of my stay at the wonderful YAS Viceroy in the next posts. So do stay tuned.
I will also be checking and replying to comments on previous posts tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my culture posts!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for lots more interesting content.